dose windows xp pro 64 bit work better with xps 700?

kevkid

Baseband Member
ok ive had a problem with my xps 700 cuz i bought one without a harddrive so i went and bought one and installed windows xp pro but it ran super laggy but then i installed the 64 bit xp on my xps (reformat) then its running perfectly now the computer runs well but its a bootleg copy of it well what u guyz think is the problem with the 32 bit version and the xps?

kevkid said:
ok ive had a problem with my xps 700 cuz i bought one without a harddrive so i went and bought one and installed windows xp pro but it ran super laggy but then i installed the 64 bit xp on my xps (reformat) then its running perfectly now the computer runs well but its a bootleg copy of it well what u guyz think is the problem with the 32 bit version and the xps?

why dont you call Dell TS and find out? or is your xps also a "bootleg" ??

dont dells only come with intels? and doesnt intel only have one 64bit? (which is a zeon)

cornholio101 said:
dont dells only come with intels? and doesnt intel only have one 64bit? (which is a zeon)
nope. Dell also has AMD chips now. Also, all intel chips are now EMT64 (64-bit compatible). The only chip that's not is the Celeron. The newer pentium 4's (HT), Pentium D, core 2, xeon, are all 64-bit compliant. There's probably more but that's all I know of for now.

Back
Top Bottom