Don't want w10

I have nothing to hide either but I turned off most of the possible spying options on my W10 except for going online to change theirs.

Also I used my own account instead of the MS account. That makes the difference.

I have my reasons why I won't be upgrading to win10 any time soon.

a) because they are data mining you, that's why it's free. at least Facebook are upfront about it. MS have hidden it deep in the EULA.
b) I don't want Cortana, I hated it on Windows phone, and I don't want it on my desktop ;)
c) It's another sloppy release from microsoft. Drivers that just 'sort of' work, devs that don't care and they laid off their entire test team and are now using early-adopters as guinea pigs.

I agree 100%. Not only data mining us, but using it against as aswell.

BK_123.

Can I have 100% of all data from your computer? I would like to have access to every key you have ever pressed, every file you have ever even looked at, and also a live 24/7 video and audio feed coming from your webcam. If you don't have a webcam, at least an audio feed because everyone has a mic. Also I will store all this information I get from you, so I can keep a complete record of you. And please install team-viewer, and let me have 24/7 access, because with win 10 they can install and delete anything anytime. If you have no problem that the government does it, you shouldn't mind if I do it either.

Lets not forget this is not only about privacy. It's ILLEGAL. The entire being spy'd on is still against the constitution. The entire moral is Fd up.

BK_123.

Can I have 100% of all data from your computer? I would like to have access to every key you have ever pressed, every file you have ever even looked at, and also a live 24/7 video and audio feed coming from your webcam. If you don't have a webcam, at least an audio feed because everyone has a mic. Also I will store all this information I get from you, so I can keep a complete record of you. And please install team-viewer, and let me have 24/7 access, because with win 10 they can install and delete anything anytime. If you have no problem that the government does it, you shouldn't mind if I do it either.

Lets not forget this is not only about privacy. It's ILLEGAL. The entire being spy'd on is still against the constitution. The entire moral is Fd up.

If you want use it for your personal enjoyment go right ahead like said I have nothing to hide or lose. Also this why I don't store my personal documents in the cloud, Only my local storage devices and if Microsoft can get them oh well.

I have utorrent and Microsoft doesn't seem to care... They can't get into your computer like you think they can. And I don't know how much they can see or get from you nor do I care. I love Windows 10. It's an especially big jump for me from Vista.

Time for a new thread. Got an idea that may help others decide to whether or not to go w10.

BK_123.

You're forgetting that the camera and the mic can be turned off in settings. I don't have a camera nor a mic on mine.

1. Cortana and the new search bar- Cortana can pull up relevant info for you pertaining to your computer and stuff from the internet through voice or typed in commands. It's a really nice integration of a search/run bar and a tool to use to look things up without actually having to look them up. Cortana isn't THAT useful but its still something nice to have.
Searching is kind of cool, but I want my search provider to be google, I generally find it is better than bing and provides more relevant results. if I want to search on my computer then I want to search only on my computer, if I want to search online I want to search only online.

I have a reason for this, often times in line with the work I do, I may have a document that I remember a small part of, perhaps a device name, IP address, or password. (lets say I recall a login for a router, but can't remember the line provider details), I can search on my computer only for the credentials I can remember, but I do not (under any circumstances) want these details transmitted in plain text out to a search engine.

Conversely, I may have a lot of information about a subject on my computer already. I have access to my well sorted and well filed information, so if I'm searching for information recalling a specific piece of technology (lets say max throughput on an ASA 5520) I don't want all my docs to appear in the search, I know I haven't recorded that before, I just want data from Ciscos site.

2. DirectX 12- If you're not a gamer please disregard but DirectX 12 will enhance performance in games that use it through far better GPU use and greater leverage of multiple threads/faster cpus. The draw call and rendering process has been greatly enhanced, allowing for greater framerates as well as up to 5x more pixels in a given frame. DirectX 12 also adds a low level api so that developers can get better access to the hardware in optimizing the games.
I'm not a gamer...
3. The start menu- Live tiles are pretty cool and their integration into a simple, flowing start menu is really nice. I like it and I think it's very modern.
but live tiles in start menu aren't nearly as good as live tiles on the start screen of windows 8.1,

basically if live tiles are great then they surely deserve proper screen space, not being cramped up into a scrolling menu?

You're forgetting that the camera and the mic can be turned off in settings. I don't have a camera nor a mic on mine.
after accidentally starting video chat a few times in Lync whilst at work, I tend to have a small circle of black tape over the camera, it blends in well with the case so that you wouldn't see it at first inspection.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I honestly couldn't care if Microsoft, Google, Govt Intelligence Agency's such as ASIO are spying on me, monitoring and watching everything I do online. I've got nothing to hide or lose and if it helps them sleep at night then go right ahead.

I haven't yet tried Cortana out but might when she makes her way to Australia.

Actually Microsoft have done a really good job with Windows 10, Yeah sure there is hiccups with drivers but they are never perfect.

Even if I have nothing to hide, I still object to the trade-off of privacy for profit, or privacy for protection. In this case, it's privacy for profit - but when MS start sharing that info with the NSA, or FBI, or CIA, or MI5 or the MOD here in the UK, that's when it starts being privacy for protection, and quite frankly a government that feels the need to spy on it's citizens is a government that cannot be trusted!

/irrelevantranting :lol:

Now that we have a fully conservative government in the UK, I'm pretty sure they're going to start monitoring us all online, stealing our files and tapping our phones. That's the kind of government we elected, a right-wing, overly-paranoid, deeply distrustful of poor people government who only look after the 1%. Defunding our health service and removing union rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom