Don't want w10

Windows 10 is awesome. Been using it for about 3 weeks now and I am loving it. Runs beautifully, looks great, and has some nifty features that I like. Seti you are getting W10 and that's final. Stop resisting change. :p

Hey jarlmaster! Can you be more specific about the nifty features. I need to be convinced also. I'm with seti at this moment in time. List 3 things that make it better then W7!
Gary!!

1. Cortana and the new search bar- Cortana can pull up relevant info for you pertaining to your computer and stuff from the internet through voice or typed in commands. It's a really nice integration of a search/run bar and a tool to use to look things up without actually having to look them up. Cortana isn't THAT useful but its still something nice to have.

2. DirectX 12- If you're not a gamer please disregard but DirectX 12 will enhance performance in games that use it through far better GPU use and greater leverage of multiple threads/faster cpus. The draw call and rendering process has been greatly enhanced, allowing for greater framerates as well as up to 5x more pixels in a given frame. DirectX 12 also adds a low level api so that developers can get better access to the hardware in optimizing the games.

3. The start menu- Live tiles are pretty cool and their integration into a simple, flowing start menu is really nice. I like it and I think it's very modern.

Yeah, W10 is awesome.

You hear that Gary? :angel::lol:
Yes Sir Bill! I hear that. It's awesome, but I'm just hard to impress I guess.
I'm not a gamer and not impressed with Cortana.
My old start menu is just fine. Get the bugs out and do a little more in W10 and I'll jump in with both feet. LMAO!:D
Gary!!
PS I think I'm getting into trouble on Techist forum.:hide:
Better cool it I suppose:angel:

Neither am I and I don't care for Cortana, it's disabled along with bunch others. That's what made my W10 great, it's running lean. :thumb:

Yea Celery! Would you take control of my PC and get all the bugs out??
I have team viewer! LMAO Make my PC run lean and mean again! LOL!
Gary!
PS are we having fun yet??

I have my reasons why I won't be upgrading to win10 any time soon.

a) because they are data mining you, that's why it's free. at least Facebook are upfront about it. MS have hidden it deep in the EULA.
b) I don't want Cortana, I hated it on Windows phone, and I don't want it on my desktop ;)
c) It's another sloppy release from microsoft. Drivers that just 'sort of' work, devs that don't care and they laid off their entire test team and are now using early-adopters as guinea pigs.

I have my reasons why I won't be upgrading to win10 any time soon.

a) because they are data mining you, that's why it's free. at least Facebook are upfront about it. MS have hidden it deep in the EULA.
b) I don't want Cortana, I hated it on Windows phone, and I don't want it on my desktop ;)
c) It's another sloppy release from microsoft. Drivers that just 'sort of' work, devs that don't care and they laid off their entire test team and are now using early-adopters as guinea pigs.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I honestly couldn't care if Microsoft, Google, Govt Intelligence Agency's such as ASIO are spying on me, monitoring and watching everything I do online. I've got nothing to hide or lose and if it helps them sleep at night then go right ahead.

I haven't yet tried Cortana out but might when she makes her way to Australia.

Actually Microsoft have done a really good job with Windows 10, Yeah sure there is hiccups with drivers but they are never perfect.

Back
Top Bottom