Do you dislike Windows XP?

You people all seem to like windows 7.

I dislike windows 7, and any new computer I get I will downgrade it to XP, I dont give a number two about working drivers, just as long I have XP and can go full screen in cmd then Im happy. You cant go full screen in cmd or power shell in 7!!

If I cant downgrade to XP then I take the rubbish windows 7 back to the store for my money back.

I know it's silly, but Windows XP will always have a special place in my heart.

i don't know if you can or can't run it in full screen, but you can upscale it in win7.
mode con:cols=200 lines=100

It's great that you love XP. keep doing that if it does that job you need it to do.
I for one could not stand running XP anymore. the number 1 thing i will miss form win7 is it's RAM caching.
Adding more RAM to win7 increases the speed on the computer. that is not the case with XP.

I use xp on my 400mhz celeron with the zune theme. orange taskbar all the way!!!

Using eXPerience's micro xp + tweakhound guide, you can get xp to use less than 32mb ram, 7 can't offer that.

On the other side, I can't find any working patches to play halo 2 on xp, so 7 is the way to go for that...

I love xp, but like the rest it will eventually be shot down by microsoft's support for it disbanding in 2013.

I don't mind using XP because of its good compatibility with older games and other programs, but speed was an issue at times, I also did like the search which you could narrow down to find what you wanted but you cannot do it easily in win7 that I have found..

XP had its place in time but now newer technology is out and so is more sophisticated software. To me, XP was great, but when you installed stuff, and crap then overtime it would run like garbage. When I saw the Developer preview of Windows 8, it was so bad that now, I've been running OpenSUSE for quite a while. I'm in the Linux world for well over a year and a half.

@Ihuser

Im still learning Linux BASH shell commands, I do like Linux however it is a bit hard to install programs and run .exe files even in Wine, I dont know if i am stuffing up somewhere but it I cant seem to get Wine to work.

I won't mind Vista, but UAC is off right after install. Bit of tweaking and that's it. Vista's been bloated but can be pretty good after you set it right.
@Ihuser

Im still learning Linux BASH shell commands, I do like Linux however it is a bit hard to install programs and run .exe files even in Wine, I dont know if i am stuffing up somewhere but it I cant seem to get Wine to work.

Any kind of errors? What's the distro?

Back
Top Bottom