Do you dislike Windows XP?

I still like Windows XP, but I prefer Windows 7 now. I used to prefer XP and had it on my desktop, but now I run Windows 7 on both my laptop and desktop. I would prefer to have XP rather than Vista.

This brings me to an interesting point, your preferred order of MS Operating systems?
Don;t mean to hi-jack this thread and it's still on topic so here goes.

What i would install on my computer right now:
Windows 7
Windows XP
Windows 8
Windows Vista
Windows 98
Windows ME / 2000
Windows 95

What i think in terms of "greatness" if you will:
Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows 98
Windows 95
Windows ME / 2000
Windows 8
Windows Vista

Windows 7
Windows XP
Windows 8
Windows ME / 2000
Windows 98
Windows 95
Windows Vista

That is what I would choose. I put Windows 7 first because it defiantly looks a lot better, and as soon as you get used to it, it has many more features. Windows Vista is going at the bottom because I used to have it on my laptop and it came with it, and right from the start I didn't like it, I only got windows 7 last Christmas.

Windows 7
Windows XP
Windows 8
Windows ME / 2000
Windows 98
Windows 95
Windows Vista

That is what I would choose. I put Windows 7 first because it defiantly looks a lot better, and as soon as you get used to it, it has many more features. Windows Vista is going at the bottom because I used to have it on my laptop and it came with it, and right from the start I didn't like it, I only got windows 7 last Christmas.

You've put ME / 2000 above 98? That's a shock?

for the OS'es i have tried i will rank it this way:

Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE interface)
Ubuntu
Windows 7
Windows 8
Mac os x leopard (i kinda like that OS, wish i could say more good about apple, but i can't)
Windows XP
Windows 98
Windows 95
Windows Vista

Last edited:
What is Kubuntu?

i take it that you know what Ubuntu is sense you are not asking about it.
Ubuntu uses the interface gnome as default, just like windows uses Explore. you can change the gnome interface with another one. in my case i like the interface KDE more then gnome, especially Gnome shell, which is default in the newest version on Ubuntu.
so it IS ubuntu but it is just called Kubuntu by everyone, because it looks allot different then standard ubuntu and you can actually download ubuntu with with KDE already as the default interface. that download is called Kubuntu and not ubuntu. so that is why it's kinda like 2 different OS'es, but still really isn't.

for the OS'es i have tried i will rank it this way:

Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE interface)
Ubuntu
Windows 7
Windows 8
Mac os x leopard (i kinda like that OS, wish i could say more good about apple, but i can't)
Windows XP
Windows 98
Windows 95
Windows Vista

Interesting . . . . If we were including other OS's other than MS then mine would be:

What i would install on my computer right now:
Windows 7
Windows XP
OS X Mountain Lion
Windows 8
Kubuntu
Windows Vista
Windows 98
Windows ME / 2000
Windows 95

For me the order would have to be:

Windows 7