Display Driver help!

Optimus Ping

Baseband Member
Okay...so here it is:

I decided to try out one of those scan and update all of your drivers at once free software downloads. It found a driver upgrade for my display adaptor and Bam...my entire display and graphics went nuts. I tried uninstalling the driver and rolling back my driver and just upgrading again and then searching the intel website for a driver download and then about 20 different google searches and I just can't figure it out. please help

I have Intel(R) 82885G Graphics Controller running on Dell Dimension DE051 With a Celeron CPU 2.53GHz and GB of RAM. XP Home editions 2002 with Service Pack 3.

When I first installed the driver I got a weird blue Icon Its Extreme Graphics 2--I would right clic my display properties and have all kinds of string not found entries. Totally wierd. Somehow on it's own it reverted back to some display driver with bad text graphics and only taking up about 2 3rds of my screen.

My monitor is an HP w2007 Wide LCD Monitor

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

I know just enough to be very very dangerious! lol

Allright, first of all: 82885G Graphics Controller doesn't tell us anything, since it not your Graphics card.

Hold the Windows Button and press "R", that should open the "Run Window."
Now type Dxdiag and press enter. (It should ask you if your drivers are digitally signed, but dont worry just press yes).
Go to the tab "Display" and identify your graphics Device

I've added an Picture for your ease ;)

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested and under Display/Device/name it says Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Memory 96MB --Graphics Display Mode 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Under the driver side it says Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll version 6.14.0010.4396

Does that infor help?

Bump...any ideas from anyone at all?

Graphics Processing Unit? Is that the same as the display adapter? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

ok, go to this website, i hope it will resolve the issue MyTechDr | Softwares and Maintenance

uh-oh. That's a pay site. So what I'm hearing is i'm pretty much screwed? I went to both Intel (display adapter manufacturer) and Dell (computer manufacturer) and was unable to find and download a replacement driver.

I may just need to buy a new computer. I was going to at some point this year anyways but I was thinking that this is a fixable problem. dang it.

Back
Top Bottom