Disable Win 10 update?

Hi frank! Your link is not live. Any way it's not live to me!! This is what I have found about W10 up dates!!
You Won’t Be Able to Disable (or Delay) Windows Updates on Windows 10 Home
Gary!
Just another good reason for me to wait to install W10. Get the bugs out MS!!!! If you read the fine print, you will see MS will find a way to make you pay for your free version, one way or another!!

But, with updates automatically installed whether you want them or not, a buggy update could cause problems on many home computers and there'd be no avoiding it. Microsoft will have to improve the quality of Windows updates. Telling business users that changes will be tested on home PCs before they're made available is a little worrying, with home users forced to pay more for a Windows 10 Professional upgrade if they want those stable, business-grade updates.
And, if Windows 10 truly is the last big version of Windows, this means you won't be able to avoid any dramatic interface changes you don't like. If Microsoft's Windows team decides to go off the deep end again and brings in the kind of dramatic, unwelcome changes we saw with Windows 8, there will be no way to cling to the original interface offered in Windows 10 — not unless you're using the enterprise version of Windows.

Last edited:
Hi frank! That link is live;) I rolled back W10 to W7.
Your question was if anyone thinks it's wise! I really don't know the answer.
I think the way MS is handling up dates is wrong and I don't see why they feel the need to force them on users. That's just one more reason I'm waiting before I install W10 again! I'll let you brave guys get the bugs out.:hide:

Hi frank! That link is live;) I rolled back W10 to W7.
Your question was if anyone thinks it's wise! I really don't know the answer.
I think the way MS is handling up dates is wrong and I don't see why they feel the need to force them on users. That's just one more reason I'm waiting before I install W10 again! I'll let you brave guys get the bugs out.:hide:

Thanks, i just want to disable Ati catalytic drivers from being updated, i think these are the software that is causing problems when win update those,if that's the case,if video drivers are working at the moment ,there is no need to update them,and that's what is happening, i think!.

Hi frank! Right on about the video drivers! Here's quote from web about that!!
While I agree with Microsoft that mandatory security updates are a good idea, I'm dubious on forcing users to install features they may not want, and downright unhappy with mandatory driver updates. Driver updates pushed through Windows Update, after all, have a checkered history, particularly where graphics hardware is concerned. Now there's firsthand evidence that Microsoft hasn't built the kind of infrastructure into Windows 10 that would allow it to properly communicate what the OS has or hasn't done.

Back
Top Bottom