Is Dell Right For You?!

hamid14

Solid State Member
Many people buy a dell notebook because it is cheap right? Those notebooks eventually get errors for no reason, typing is lagging, graphic errors, graphic card says 512 but is actually only 128. To see if it is right for you I have listed some common notebooks for the low price buying kind of person.

Dell Inspiron 1501 --> If you buy with normal features it is cheap, but add a good battery and or upgrade the graphics card it will be 1200$. Many of these can have the text lagging error. If you have that error uninstall ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Dell E1505--> Overall good price for average computer needs, also can connect to tv. I think it has 128 graphics card but you can probably upgrade for 300$ or 400 dollars.

Dell Dimension 3000 --> Better then both of the above notebooks, it is cheap, effective but can get errors in 5 years. Keep it clean and you will be fine. Although even if it is very clean it will still get errors.

I hope reading the above info on these computers helped you out to see if you are right for a Dell.

The graphics card might say 512 because it's only 128MB dedicated but can use the other 384MB from system memory. Also where are your sources saying that these laptops have many errors? Is that something you've observed or something that dell has put out recalls for? It sounds to me like it's an issue with the graphics cards that causes the text problem and it could be a driver issue or something.

What do you mean by "errors"? You can spend $5000 on a top of the line computer and still get "errors" after a week. Most errors that aren't hardware related are completely user related errors. If you want to bash dell you could at least be more specific. Your typing be laggy sounds like a corupted video driver, hence why uninstalling the ati drivers and reinstalling them seems to fix it.

yes i have observed this, because ive used a lot of there computers and for extremezx2 question, i mean that when i used my hp pavilion notebook it worked for 3 years without any problems. i alos didnt experience any problems with toshiba ntoebooks.

Back
Top Bottom