Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Dell Drivers Please Helpp!!!

Hey i may or may not sound stupid on this one, but i just installed a new harddrive after getting the blue screen of death UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error message i upgraded from a 160gb hard drive to a 320gb hard drive. Everything went smooth changing out the hard drive and installing windows etc. But when i finaly got onto the internet everything was extremely laggy in otherwords just slower. when i scrolled down in IE and firefox everything just scrolled so slow and jittered kind of. Also i came to realise my speakers dont work so i did some research and all i needed to do was download my drivers.. my only problem is when i type in my service tag etc and specify my computer type i try to download the drivers for instance one of the drivers i need is for my speakers/audio called realtek the program file is 37mb i beleive and when i click download its only 9.28kb and i click save, save as desktop, save and i try and open it up but it says this application is not a valid win32 application... it happens on every driver i try to download. can someone please help me because i want to get this thing up and running just like it used to.

please and thank you

lance79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Dell Drivers Please Helpp!!!

Are you right-clicking or left-clicking? It sounds like you are right-clicking and trying to save the picture of the Download button or something. What happens when you just left-click on the download button/link?

Old 10-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Dell Drivers Please Helpp!!!

i am not right clicking im a left clicking im just straight up clicking download and it doesnt work it downloads a 9kb file and it says the file is 37mb.
lance79 is offline   Reply With Quote