Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-28-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Delete not working correctly on win xp

Hi guys,

Recently using Acronis True Image Software I restored my windows partition to that of a few days earlier. Everything seems fine however whenever I delete a file or folder it doesnt always work as expected.

Sometimes I will attempt to delete the file (regardless of the filesize small or large) and the pc slows down dramatically - in addition in the processes the 'explorer.exe' increases to upto between 50-70%.
When this happens even though windows is attempting to delete the file it can take upto 30secs - 1minute for the delete dialogue box to appear and delete the files into the bin.

I'm guessing this is some sort of windows registry issue, but I cannot understand why it is doing this? Can anyone give me any ideas before i reinstall windows?

HP Compaq Evo D510 (SFF) P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 8x DVD-RW, 160GB, Intel 82845G AGP Chipset, Win XP SP2 Running Kaspersky AV5 & Sygate Personal Firewall 5.5 connected via NetGear DG834GT Wireless Router. http://tinyurl.com/2e46v http://tinyurl.com/4tehv
playaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: Delete not working correctly on win xp

Try defraging, scandisk and if you are worried about your registry, then try registry mechanic
cbachinger is offline   Reply With Quote