Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Beta Member
Angry Delay on users in taskmanager on startup

Hey All!

A few days ago i noticed that when i boot up windows, it doesn't load everything immediately and the things that it does load, it doesn't assign any user to. When i check the users tab in the task manager, there is no user but when I klik on the Shut down button, i do see the option "Log Off Martijn". After a few minutes windows starts assigning users (such as system and my name "Martijn") and the rest of the programs start up.

I checked the net but all i could find was that this has something to do with the "Terminal Services" service and that i need to activate it. This is already done but I can't check if when the users are missing it is switched on because I can't run "Services.msc" yet.
Others told me that reinstalling windows would solve this so as a last resort, I did this. It has, however, not helped. It has, instead, made it worse. Before I could see the desktop when the users were missing but this time when I booted all I got was the wallpaper.

I would assume that all virusses would be erased with a full format of the C: partition but I might be wrong...

One more thing: this started happening the day after we had a general power loss in the area during the night. De PC was off and if the problem was hardware related, would I be getting a different sort of problems?

Can anyone PLEASE help me?
njitram2000 is offline   Reply With Quote