Deep cleaning computer

Gomasy

Beta member
I know that some Browsing history (download records) and cookies can be erased on a computer, and even if I don't have the confidence to check that they are actually deleted completely, I can't see them with my naked eye,recently I decided to clean up my computer deeply,because i'm going to share a computer with my brother.
Can i do that?So how do we do that?

I use Ccleaner which is free although you can buy a "professional" version if you so wish. I don't think anything that us mere mortals can lay our hands on will clean a HDD completely. Forensic software will, apparently, still be able to get stuff off. But as far as you and your brother are concerned there will not be anything left that either of you would be able to see or use.

If I have a computer in for repair for a duff HDD or if any of my hard drives go west I always drill three big holes through the platters. Nobody can get anything off them then.

If you want to make sure there's nothing there for said brother to find and you dan't want to spring for a new hard drive then you can use Boot & Nuke to securely wiped and overwrite your drive. Then you can reinstall a fresh copy of Windows without a worry in the world.

If you want to make sure there's nothing there for said brother to find and you dan't want to spring for a new hard drive then you can use Boot & Nuke to securely wiped and overwrite your drive. Then you can reinstall a fresh copy of Windows without a worry in the world.

This is definitely the best way. You should keep the documentation open just in case, since it may be intimidating for new users.

Also keep in mind that it takes quite some time, and it can be really long depending on which option you choose.

Also bear in mind that, as I have said, nothing will wipe any hard drive forensically clean except for a drill with a big bit or a hammer and big nail. Even I could get something off a "wiped" drive and I don't have any forensic software.

I use Ccleaner which is free although you can buy a "professional" version if you so wish. I don't think anything that us mere mortals can lay our hands on will clean a HDD completely. Forensic software will, apparently, still be able to get stuff off. But as far as you and your brother are concerned there will not be anything left that either of you would be able to see or use.
This is my personal computer,but my brother needs to do some work on it rightnow,and i don't want him see any of my personal info and other.
As about Ccleaner,that is great (Even though i have neve used it before)
Thank u.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

If I have a computer in for repair for a duff HDD or if any of my hard drives go west I always drill three big holes through the platters. Nobody can get anything off them then.
I can imagine you are very clever.:thumb::thumb:

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Thank you,i don't want to spring for a new hard drive,if i do what you tell me to do,i find it difficult to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.

The deleted info can be found by anyone with the correct tools.But if the personal info is deleted permanently,i think it is hard to find.

I agree it is hard to find but not impossible. I use Seagate File Recovery for Windows. It is a paid for program but not, in any way, a forensic program. It also can take days on a large hard drive but it works, eventually. But yes you are right for run of the mill searches it would be hard if not impossible to find anything.

I agree it is hard to find but not impossible. I use Seagate File Recovery for Windows. It is a paid for program but not, in any way, a forensic program. It also can take days on a large hard drive but it works, eventually. But yes you are right for run of the mill searches it would be hard if not impossible to find anything.
Anything can be found (Without any doubt about it),but if the has been deleted and covered on computer,no one can do that.

I did do a search on the Google about how to deep clean computer.
What i got,Cclean (Free) is able to clean anything on computer,but the deleted data can be back again (If you use some recovery tools),and the price of its professional version was too hight,that i didn't test it.
And i used Free Windows Cleanup Tool (It took 6hs)
And for the Safewiper.
https://www.safewiper.com/
It was recommended by my friend,i just used it to wipe some notes on the computer,and it worked,12 hours later,the deleted notes were not found,i know my research has many shortcomings.
The above is for reference only.

Back
Top Bottom