Decent Software for Ubuntu?

Just installed ubuntu 8.10 and finally got it working the way i want,so whats some decent software that's work downloading?

So far i have:

-Prism
-VLC
-WINE
-Amarok
-Avant

Hi,

What do you want to do that is the real question? If you tell me what you want to do I can recommend some software to get. Also, you can go to the add/remove programs and that can show you a lot of good software.

Cheers!

Well im hoping to make my laptop windows free,so i really need:

-A Universal media converter
-CD/DVD Burner
-FTP Client

And Some Decent Console emulators (Sega Genesis/megadrive,MAME,NES,SNES,GB,GBA?)

If could point me in the right direction that would be great :)

Hi,

A Universal media converter
Can you give me an example of one? I am not familiar with them.

CD/DVD Burner - I would recommend Brasero Disk Burner. If you don't have it installed already you can get it from typing: sudo apt-get install brasero.

FTP Client - I would recommend that you use FileZilla FTP client. You can get that from the add/remove programs. Choose "All available applications. Then do a search for ftp.

I don't really know any good console emulators. I would recommend doing a google search and see what comes up. If you need help installing any of them let me know.

Cheers!

If you are used to using a program such as the one that you linked to then I would stick with it. I think that it is great that they say that it works with WINE. If you don't want that, then do a google search and see what you come up with. I really don't know what program to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom