Death to Vista.

scotty074

Beta member
Hello all!,
I have an issue.
I am currently running windows vista on my computer however I am now wanting to down-grade back to XP Pro, Motherboard is an Asus P5E with Q9650 with the 45mn processor, Do any of you guys know if there are known compatibilty issues with this proccesor and running XP? As things aren't going so smoothly when I try to install it, Is there anyway around this problem?? ie creating a bootdisk with SP1, 2 or 3 maybe?????
Will be very appreciative to any help you can give me, I have taken a great disliking to Windows Vista and I want out.

Cheers for your help.

Well, what kind of problems are you having when installing XP. There aren't any compatibility issues with XP when it comes to processors. Raid drivers and stuff may cause problems though.

Ah have tried restarting and letting it boot from disk, all seems to be going well (loading up all drivers etc getting ready to install) then I get the good old "blue screen of death" . Attempted installing from the desktop, inserting cd - following install prompts, seems to have compatibility issues - gives error msg:

"This program is blocked due to to compatibility issues" Check online for solutions........etc etc
Program: Windows Setup
Publisher: Microsoft

Setup can not continue because the version of windows on your computer is newer than the version on the CD.

Thought It was interesting it wouldn't let me do a fresh install from restart? any other info you need please feel free to ask, cheers again.

To be honest, this sounds like operator error, not a Vista/XP issue.

When you do a clean install, you need to delete the partition your old windows install is on before letting windows install (It's one of the standard options you will see). Just make sure you have all your data backed up.

Back
Top Bottom