dbghelp.dll not found

kirkwebsites

Beta member
I first experienced the problem while trying to play a cd on my machine (a disk I listened to on other devices). It wouldn't autoplay or otherwise. Now I notice that I can't add/remove programs, install some files even use my webcam. I get the message ".............dbghelp.dll not found". I've tried for days in several ways to reinstall the file with no luck. I need help.

1st scan your computer with Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware. (I recommend MalwareBytes Antimalware - free version from CNET and Microsoft Security Essentials - free as well) if you don't have a program you use for each.

Do you have system restore turned on? If so restore your computer to a time it was working.

Check this site and it's suggestions: How To Fix Dbghelp.dll is Missing or Not Found Errors

I tried the restore again. First time it let me go back to March 8(not far back enough), this time only back to yesterday. Malwarebytes removed 3 viruses. The site is one I've been to dozens of times & I didn't find a way to fix the dbghelp.dll not found issue. Actually, I have dbghelp.dll from that site in my downloads file but don't know how to apply it?
I do have this in C:\WINDOWS\system32 . anybody?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom