CSRSS High Memory Usage

dmarciano

Baseband Member
On my work laptop I have been having a problem lately with the CSRSS process. At times it goes very high (+200,000); it appears to be random. Sometime I can hibernate my computer over 5 days before it happens, and then sometimes it happens shortly after a fresh start. I've done a lot of google searching and either the items do not apply to my computer or the suggestions did not work. For the first time, as I'm writing this, it actually dropped back down to a normal level (~2,000). Every other time I've had to restart my computer to get it back down to normal. I've done multiple virus scans of my computer and I've uploaded the csrss.exe to virustotal and all 43 virus scans found nothing.

My laptop is a Dell Vostro 1500 with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3. It has a Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2.00GHz and 2GB RAM.

From what I read it seems that the csrss taking up a lot of memory has to something to do with cmd windows not being released properly. However I don't see why this would happen at times when I just start up my computer with maybe Chrome and Outlook. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I've had this computer for approximately 4-5 years and this only started happening within the past 8 months or so.

Thanks in advanced for any help. It is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom