Creating a DVD Playable in a Set-top DVD Player

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Ha. Guys. I'm in desperate need of help here. I've been trying to create a damn DVD that's playable in any DVD player (set-top) but I just cannot do it. I've tried various software, various formats, and nothing is working. It's getting to the point of agony.

I could use some suggestions.

I created the video file in Adobe Premiere Pro, so it can be exported to any type of file. I have tried to make the physical DVD in Encore from various file formats but it always freezes during transcoding, for whatever reason. So that program is not an option.

Gosh dang. I don't need any titles or menus or anything fancy. I just need it to play in a dang DVD player! Argggh. I'm running out of ideas.

I have tried DeeVeeDee (I think that's the name...but no luck).

What OS are you working under? I think with Windows 7, you can just burn a DVD straight from the CD burning options (like burning a data/audio CD). Also, I think you can compile the audio/video TS into an ISO and burn that. I could be completely wrong, but I've heard of these as options, I think.

Yeah, I'm currently trying to burn into an Audio/Video TS with DeVeDe again. I'm trying different discs. I'm going to go dig out an old DVD player to see if that's the issue, however, this was a $100 DVD player and usually it plays anything you throw at it--including DivX. But who knows. It's really pissing me off. I'll keep you updated. I'm still trying stuff on my end.

Edit: Sorry. W7 is what I'm on.

I feel your struggle. I'd been at it for some time on WindowsXP, and I finally gave up. If you're on Se7en, try loading it up in Windows Movie Maker (obtained from WLE) and burning it from there. I don't think the maker in XP supported DVD burning, as XP lacked codecs.

The day we have like 3 formats to choose from and sh!t doesn't play from stupid VOB files is the day I enter heaven.

Or when companies finally decide to accept standards laid before them and stop making proprietary solutions to formats. .AAC, for example - Though it's nice that Apple, allegedly, stopped used DRM's in their AAC format.
[/OT]

JUST GOT IT! Thanks for taking a look Grant.

I ended up just trying it again with DeVeDe and burning on ImgBurn like the first 900000 times, but this time it worked. That's all I care about. Not full HQ like I created it in, but that's a limitation of DeVeDe. Oh well. It'll do for now.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom