Constant unspecified errors. Dire assistance needed!

Bainy

Beta member
Hi y'all,

I'm just new to the forums so .... hi :D

Anyway, I've had Win 7 Ultimate installed for about 2 (or 3) months now, and today, i was trying to do some things with itunes.

I checked a few boxes about viewing hidden files.....

Then I couldn't get "Windows Explorer" to work

So I undone all the changes I made.

Then I started receiving constant unspecified error messages whenever i try to run some programs, the only way i can bypass the message is by right-clicking and running everything as an administrator.

Now I've discovered that you can't right click everything, therefore i cant run everything as the administrator, like if I right click on my computer, select properties, the GUI window pops up, and all the icons at the side such as "device manager, system protection" wont run, because i get an unspecified error.

Any suggestions as to help solve this issue are much appreciated :)
Bainy

Disclaimer: running Win 7 Ultimate x32,
have downloaded lots of different files today before this error started occurring, but i have extremely good anti virus software, avast home premium,
I haven't messed about with the registry editor or anything,
examples of the errors: When right clicking "Computer" and selecting "manage" via the start menu, Title of pop up: "Explorer.EXE" msg:"Unspecified error" & when selecting "Administrative tools" from cp, selecting an option such as "Computer Management", title of pop up: "C:\Windows\system32\compmgmt.msc" msg:
"C:\Windows\system32\compmgmt.msc"
"Unspecified error"

Back
Top Bottom