Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default connection issues w/ the PC & TV

I've been experiencing connection isuses w/ the PC.

PC is connected to input AVR HDMI 3, out of AVR to TVs input HDMI 2. and is easiely verified on AVRs & TVs display.

usalley after W7MC records a show the PC goe's to sleep (PC has a light on indicating on same light blinks when in sleep)

w/ TV & AVR turned off, now after a recording the PC just stays on and when I turn on the TV & AVR even though the PC is on TV won't display the desktop I'm forced to physicalley turn PC off then back on.

I have my screen saver set to come on in 1 minute. w/in the SS widow there is power settings where I altered the amount of time the computer goe's to sleep from I believe 15 minutes down to 5 don't think I changed any other settings since I noticed this issuse.

Thanks for advice on correcting PCs settings. I don't like turning PC off (W/ button) then back back on.

STB

Old 08-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: connection issues w/ the PC & TV

What is the time you have the system set to go into Hibernation? What is the OS in use?

Junior777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
In Runtime

Windows 7

not sure how to check for amount of time to Hibernation sleep was reduced down to 5 minutes this is when PC decided to just stay on even after media center was finished recording a show.

STB
Old 08-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Baseband Member

Within the power settings options, select the advanced options. What does it say under hard disk? What does it say under the Sleep options? It should say Sleep 5 minutes, hibernation never. I would watch the hard drive activity as well. As that can cause issues. I would have it turn off at at least and hour or 2 depending on the length of the show.
Junior777 is offline   Reply With Quote