Connecting to a home group through a wireless laptop

Maineman

Solid State Member
Have a working home group set up between two desktops. Can not get the laptop to join the home group. Think the main problem is both desktops are hard wired and connected through a Local Area Connection. The laptop is wireless and is connected through a Cisco wireless network. Both networks are home networks. Network mapping, either through the desktop or laptop, show all computers in the network but can only share info between the desktops. Laptop map allows me to choose between "Network map of (Wireless Network Connection) OR (Local Area Connection). Selecting Local Area Connection tells me the adapter is not connected. If I connect an ethernet cable between the laptop and the router, establish a connection to the homegroup and then disconnect the cable, will the wireless connection "find" the homegroup?

Most likely not. The fact that you have two different networking devices is creating two separate networks. Although they can see each other, it would appear that they can't share. Does your wireless router have physical connections on it? If so, wire the desktops to that. Next, you need to make sure the Modem (I'm assuming that's what they're wired into currently) is passing the connection off to the Wireless router. To do this, it should be as simple as turning off all your devices. Then power on the modem and wait for it to be completely done communicating with the server. Connect the router to the modem and power up the router. Wait for all the lights to become solid (the ones that are normally solid) then power on each computer and connect to the router. This should put all the computers in the same homegroup.

i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW dot ijinni dot COM.any issues. just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.

Back
Top Bottom