Computer wont recognise XP 64bit CD or Vista CD

goca

Baseband Member
My computer for some reason wont recognise either XP 64 nor vista CD when i restart the comp and put them in to install them. it just reads past them as if they were normal cd, but it does recognise Xp 32bit?

Ive had both 64 and vista on my comp before, but i changed my mobo for a better one but lost my sata driver floppy disc, now my comp will only boot xp 32 bit cd, even when i reformat whole harddrive, ive tried everything, from copying the correct files from my mobo cd to floppy to try get the original sata drivers back but nothing seems to work? it is realy wierd and has been bugging me for the past week. any help would be apreciated, thanx

did the cd/dvd used to work? if so theres a problem. if not then are they illegal? as they may not be bootable

yeah the dvd works just fine both of them, they boot and everything in my brothers pc and he hasnt even got a 64bit processor, its just my comp that wont boot them? i have no idea what the problem is, is there any way of erasing everything of my computer, reseting bios and everything to get it back to factory maybe that will work?

there should be an option in the bios to load defaults. i doubt thats what it is though but is worth a shot. do they work in windows (on your pc)?

Nope reseting bios didnt work unfortunately... yeah they open up in windows but i cant run either of them from there as my current OS is XP 32bit, so the files wont run as they arent competiable, is there any way to bypass this through Comand Prompt or dos or something.

you could create a boot disk and use that to load up the cd. provided you have some sort of floppy disc available.

or a bootable cd will work its easy to make one in nero if you dont have it try the 30 demo good program to have

IMO it should come with Vista

Might be wrong here, but you say it works fine with XP CD and not vista? Your drive is a DVD drive right? As vista is normally on DVD media and not CD.

he says both the xp 64 bit edition and vista wont work on boot yet they work in xp

Thats fair enough, assuming they arent pirates, that he has burned to DVD;)

If this isnt the problem, then copy the installation folder (i386) from the CD/DVD to somewhere on your HDD, then boot from floppy, and set the installation away that way.

Back
Top Bottom