Computer wont let me activate windows XP!

todd333 said:
not really, but starting with xp, and all that activation crap, your serial will only work once, to after you do a reinstall, you have to call microsoft tech support to activate or it will stop working

Gee Todd333 i hate to break it to ya, but you're wrong. 6 times you can do a fresh install. After that you have to phone in. You read some numbers off the system and they give you some numbers back which you type in and you're all set.
But DishDog you're only gonna get so many shots at the phone in. A guy I know after calling in 3 or 4 times was told there is no next time. He would have to get a new copy of xp.

setisshock, thanks for the correction. My only experience is at school with evaluation version software server 2003, and the serial only worked once

Dishdog said:
I finally phoned into microsoft. if you just do it over the phone you can do it as many times as you want. so for now on i have to phone in to activate windows.
After you have phoned in to activate Win XP, you have to wait 120 days before you can activate XP over the net again.

iamroot said:
I agree=)

If Windows Make their OS 64-bit based, then I will switch to MEPIS and Mandrake basically. I can even try other distros like redhat and Mandriva and others :)

Back
Top Bottom