Computer problems.

MonkKillzor

Solid State Member
To start this is about computer "slowness".
Basically as a physical example on WoW I could play on the lowest settings at around 40+ FPS (It's not great PC) but it stayed there and way solidly smooth but now "out of the blue" it's slowed to around 15 FPS average sometimes going up to 30 for 3 or so minutes.
I've run registry clears - nothing.
I've run defraggers - nothing.
I've run things like "game booster" and "turbo boost" on Advanced SystemCare - nothing.
I've run the Advanced SystemCare deep cleaner - practically nothing, around 1 FPS boost.
On a final note I did update the drivers for my graphics card and that's when I first noticed it, but I've reverted to the one I had previously and that increased my FPS slight but still nowhere near what it was before...
So what should I try now?

Thanks,
MonkKillzor

is it just world of warcrap or is it other games as well?
it might have something to do with the game it self.
it could also be an update for the game that triggered the problem.
have you done any GPU overclocking or anything with hardware settings? (i know you did say "out of the blue", but i am just asking)

I'd say check to see if there are startup items that you can disable and also uninstall unneeded applications

Try running the Repair.exe utility in your WoW folder.

Check your system temps for you CPU and GPU while its under load. Maybe your computer need a good internal cleaning :trash:

Lastly, if this happened out of the blue, I would run a scan with Malwarebytes, just to be sure that there is no adware installed that is bogging you down.

That's where I'd start.

is it just world of warcrap or is it other games as well?
it might have something to do with the game it self.
it could also be an update for the game that triggered the problem.
have you done any GPU overclocking or anything with hardware settings? (i know you did say "out of the blue", but i am just asking)

No I haven't overclocked anything and WoW was just an example and since it's pretty much the only "higher requirements" game I play so I wouldn't really know. Also there wasn't an update when it happened, it just... happened if you get what I'm saying.

I'd say check to see if there are startup items that you can disable and also uninstall unneeded applications

Try running the Repair.exe utility in your WoW folder.

Check your system temps for you CPU and GPU while its under load. Maybe your computer need a good internal cleaning :trash:

Lastly, if this happened out of the blue, I would run a scan with Malwarebytes, just to be sure that there is no adware installed that is bogging you down.

That's where I'd start.

I've scanned and there was nothing and I'll try the repair.exe now, actually now that I think it did come up with a corrupted file error and it auto ran the repair tool... Maybe something messed up. Finally i'll sift through all the programs that start when I turn on my PC. I'll post after if there's any change.
Thanks.

You should reload the operating system.

That's a horrible suggestion. Just like that you're going to suggest a reload, without first offering a more simple solution and investigating every other option? :blink: Even then, a reload in this case isn't likely to solve the problem...:facepalm:

Its simple don't worry. It may be for your low pc configuration. Disabled unwanted applications and games. Try you can successful. For more
http://www.techyv.com

As said the latest driver reduced performance... Also do explain your first point.
Thanks.

Also the repair.exe found nothing wrong.

Last point I'll look inside tonight to see if it's dusty/dirty because as said above it could be causing over heating.
Thanks again.

To be honest, I've never heard of 'AdvancedSystem Care'. Alot of times this could be an indication of spyware/malware or could be a "door-way" to allow in spyware/malware.

I'd scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (free from cnet.com) and maybe use CCleaner as well.

To be honest, I've never heard of 'AdvancedSystem Care'. Alot of times this could be an indication of spyware/malware or could be a "door-way" to allow in spyware/malware.

I'd scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (free from cnet.com) and maybe use CCleaner as well.

It came well recommended, for instance it was on cnets top 10 list, apparently. Also I have malwarebytes and CCleaner, CCleaner never seemed to do particularly much for me. And on another hand Advanced SystemCare searches for "viruses" and holes in your security and fixes them.

Back
Top Bottom