Computer not starting plz help!

Zaheer18

Beta member
wen i try to start my computer i get a msg on the screen sayin goin to sleep. i dnt know wots happening..i can hear harddrive running, light on motherboard comes up all fans r runnin but it keeps saying goin to sleep can sum1 plz tell me wots wrong

but is that what is says word for work "going into sleep mode" or "power save mode" i mean literally word for word. going to sleep sounds odd personally, and is it windows that is saying this or the monitor itself? if it's the monitor than it's not getting a signal from the computer and you may want to check your connections and all. have you installed any new hardware lately?

MooseMan said:
but is that what is says word for work "going into sleep mode" or "power save mode" i mean literally word for word. going to sleep sounds odd personally, and is it windows that is saying this or the monitor itself? if it's the monitor than it's not getting a signal from the computer and you may want to check your connections and all. have you installed any new hardware lately?
yea it just says "going into sleep mode"...not installed any hardware..2 days ago i was watchin a movie n turn it off next morning i tried to start the computer n it wudnt start...light comes up on mobo.. hard drives starts fans r workin but nothin cumin up on the monitor..

I used to have a similiar problem with the computer I'm using now..
Basically, it was the motherboard not cooperating with the video card and I needed to replace the board.

Do the suggestion Seti made first.. but going into sleep mode from an O/S would mean the O/S needs to initialize which would not occur once you turn the computer on.

This means, that it seems be a problem related somewhere as far as hardware.. because the monitor is not turning on due to the lack of a signal coming from the video card. If you have onboard video, and your not using it, or a really cheap PCI video card.. try it out.

The problem that I experienced was that I would turn on my computer and everything would seem fine. Luckily for me, I could see clearly that the video card wasn't booting (my video card has a fan, and blue LED lights, and neither were on). Well, I went through 3 RMAs with BFG Technologies and finally realized it had to have been my computer.. something internally.

Well, let me say this to.. I only had the problem when I would turn my computer off for say 5-10 minutes or more. If it decided to boot successfully, I could leave it on and have no problem.. but once I turned off the computer and went to boot it, the problem occured. I even brought it to a technician who at the time I considered to have more knowledge than I did.. who wrongfully told me the card was dead, when it wasn't.

I had an MSI NForce 4 Premium Board I think it was.. with an nVidia 6800GT.
Since I changed my board to an ASUS A89-SLI Premium board, I've had no problems at all.. except the need to update my chipset drivers (but thats a different story).

Needless to say, do the following:

1) Check the connections.
2) Try another card, if you have one availible.

If that doesn't work, I'd bring it to a technician and ask them to find the exact source of the problem. They can test the video cards and other components individually.

ive pressed the button with rising sun sign but nothin happenin. i took da video cable out n it said check video cable..i plugged it bak in n again got da same msg "going to sleep"...its makin beep sound in the computer its like a 1sec long beep sound...im jst fedup with dis lol

Zaheer18 said:
ive pressed the button with rising sun sign but nothin happenin. i took da video cable out n it said check video cable..i plugged it bak in n again got da same msg "going to sleep"...its makin beep sound in the computer its like a 1sec long beep sound...im jst fedup with dis lol
Thats the same beep code I was recieving to.. I could only advise I think its the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom