Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-21-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
Beta Member
Unhappy Computer Lags

Hello .

I have a very bad lag every few seconds or when i open a program. I'm currently using a Laptop that my brother bought in 2007 Here are it's details.

Acer TravelMate 4150.
512MB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GO 6200

Reformat-ed once.

It lags probably about every 2 seconds. The CPU Usage graph in the Windows Task Manager shows that the Graph goes as high as 99%-100% at times when I open a program or it just lags for no reason.

There are a few factors that I think should be the reason that caused this bad lag.

Yesterday , I downloaded a new game called Rappelz. After installing it in my computer , it started to lag VERY VERY badly. During that time , I thought it would be 'okay' if I switched it off and wait for this morning and check. Now whenever I open a program , my laptop would start to lag extremely badly I have tried ending some processes that I usually turn on , like MSN , Skype , Garena , FlashGET & Ares. It doesn't help though. The lag still comes . But not as often.

Another factor is that I downloaded a Computer theme called AlienGUIse. But I do not really think it's the theme's fault , I downloaded this quite some time ago , and it did not really caused much problem. I've check the system requirements at the Rappelz website , my laptop does have it . But why does it lag ? I've uninstalled the game and deleted many things that cost alot of space, but the lag is still there. Please reply with your suggestion or email me some tips @ sylsyl96_@hotmail.com

Your help is appreciated . God bless !

rathalayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: Computer Lags

Try re-installing everything.

iPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Omnipotent One
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

When you "reformatted", did you install the latest drivers for your system?

I would also suggest running an anti-virus/malware scan just to make sure you don't have anything nasty hiding out in there.

Any of these will do: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Ad-Aware Free - Spybot - Search & Destroy

Here's a nifty littel app that will clean up any registry problems and let you uninstall and disable any unneeded items from starting up: CCleaner
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Solid State Member

Try Reinstalling Everything

If that doesn't work maybe you should switch to linux. Because linux is about 30 to 50 percent faster than windows.

if you are new to linux visit this site

I hope your computer stops lagging
partyboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote