Computer Lags

rathalayers

Beta member
Hello .

I have a very bad lag every few seconds or when i open a program. I'm currently using a Laptop that my brother bought in 2007 Here are it's details.

Acer TravelMate 4150.
512MB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GO 6200

Reformat-ed once.

It lags probably about every 2 seconds. The CPU Usage graph in the Windows Task Manager shows that the Graph goes as high as 99%-100% at times when I open a program or it just lags for no reason.

There are a few factors that I think should be the reason that caused this bad lag.

Yesterday , I downloaded a new game called Rappelz. After installing it in my computer , it started to lag VERY VERY badly. During that time , I thought it would be 'okay' if I switched it off and wait for this morning and check. Now whenever I open a program , my laptop would start to lag extremely badly:mad: I have tried ending some processes that I usually turn on , like MSN , Skype , Garena , FlashGET & Ares. It doesn't help though. The lag still comes . But not as often.

Another factor is that I downloaded a Computer theme called AlienGUIse. But I do not really think it's the theme's fault , I downloaded this quite some time ago , and it did not really caused much problem. I've check the system requirements at the Rappelz website , my laptop does have it . But why does it lag ? I've uninstalled the game and deleted many things that cost alot of space, but the lag is still there.:confused: Please reply with your suggestion or email me some tips @ sylsyl96_@hotmail.com

Your help is appreciated . God bless !:D

When you "reformatted", did you install the latest drivers for your system?

I would also suggest running an anti-virus/malware scan just to make sure you don't have anything nasty hiding out in there.

Any of these will do: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Ad-Aware Free - Spybot - Search & Destroy

Here's a nifty littel app that will clean up any registry problems and let you uninstall and disable any unneeded items from starting up: CCleaner

Back
Top Bottom