computer keeps restarting

faisalsaeed

Beta member
hello
my PC keeps restarting whenever there is a power fluctuation. I have

a UPS that is connected to a voltage regulator. Whenever there is a

power fluctuation the PC restarts, without letting me shutdown.

I have changed the power supply unit, the motherboard, checked for

any possible loose connections, reseated the RAM, changed the UPS

itself , reinstalled windows and also removed the graphics card and

used the inbuilt memory for graphics, used another power outlet in

another room

Im using the software provided with the UPS, and settings are fine.

What could be wrong? Please help!

Here are my specs:

processor : Intel Pentium 4-2267, 2267 MHz

Motherboard: MSI MS-7104 , chipset VIA P4M800 por/CE=VT8237[R]

memory : 1024 MB type PC2700 DDR-SDRAM

video: ATI RADEON 9200 PRO 128 MB

drives: ATA 37 GB ST340015A
ATA 74 GB ST3802110A

Following are readings from SPEEDFAN:

temp1 45C
temp2 58-65C
temp3 19C
HD0 43C
HD1 42C

fan1 0 RPM
fan2 4994 RPM
fan3 0 RPM

Any ideas on what might be the problem?

faisalsaeed said:
temp1 45C
temp2 58-65C
temp3 19C
HD0 43C
HD1 42C
Could you tell us what these sensors are reporting, I'm guessing 45C is the m/board and 58-65C is the cpu and if I am correct your problem may lie there, but without further info anything further would be speculation, also please list your system specs i.e. Processor type etc.

AMD XP 2200+
MSI KM3MV
2x 256 DDR 333mhz
80gig Hard drive

Well here is the thing. I took the harddrive from a computer that is working fine. And I'm still having that problem. I sent the motherboard back to the MFR to have a new one sent to me. I got a new powersupply with more watts (400W). New Video card, new memory stick. And I'm still having this problem.

Now the harddrive that I took out of the computer that isn't working and put it in the computer system that is working. And that hard drive works fine OS starts up no problem and working properly.

I disconnected everything except the new heatsink,cpu and memory. I took the motherboard out of the case and tried it that way. Still does it. I'm wondering if the CPU is damaged or something. Since that is the only thing I haven't changed or checked. I have noticed that when the cpu is pulled out of the socket for a while and put back in new heatsink. It will start up the OS fine and it was running (I was shocked). For about 4mins then it automatically restarted. And gets worse to the point it just gooes pass the BOIS part and restart. I'm at the end of my rope with this crazy problem.

Any info you have will help. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom