Computer freezes when watching videos and playing music online

LiquidSquid

Beta member
For about 2 months now my computer has been freezing any time I watch a video online(YouTube, watch-series etc..) or use Skype and listen to music(Pandora/Spotify) and it completely stops working and usually makes a strange buzzing noise. It also freezes when playing games such as League of Legands. Anytime I listen to music and watch videos offline (using windows media player or itunes for example) I don't have any problems. Sometimes after this happens my computer says that the display driver has stopped working and has recovered. So I have tried re-installing my display driver but the problem still continues. I also have PC tools registry mechanic which cleans and defragments my registry pretty often, but again I still have the freezing problem. I also use Trend Micro and run scans regularly so I don't I think I have any viruses or spyware. So I'm not really sure why I am still having this problem. Is it possible that I need a new video card? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

More PC aspects:
Sony Viao (approximately 3 1/2 years old)
Windows 7
3.84 GB usable RAM

Try using the original driver only that came with your pc or you might need a new video card as it might be defective or have compatibility issues.

There are several primary areas that could be causing your computer to freeze up. The most likely reason is that Corruption within your registry keys, registry classes, and registry settings,you have too many programs running behind the scenes and your system is essentially running in circles with its internal processing.
You need to run a self diagnostic program called regsitry cleaner.This program is very very useful,it can fix regsitry errors,clean registry remnant,corrupt files and temp files in a few minutes.Then give you a bran-new and high-speed computer.There are collection and comparison of top rated registry cleaner:
http://www.computer-speed.info .You can download and scan your computer for free.

or in other words: your computer is lagging and make sure you don't open too many windows at once.

Last edited:
The buzzing sounds like the real issue -- might it be the PSU main cap trying to fail under load?

Back
Top Bottom