Comp won't boot in Safe Mode, Normal mode, or any mode

MidgetHumper

Beta member
Computer will not boot up in Safe mode, Normal mode, or any mode. I try to boot up in any of these and it gives me a blue screen then restarts itself. Can't get past this point. I cleared the CMOS and that didn't help. I recently moved my old hdd to a new tower w/ a new cpu, mobo, and ram. So I'm guessing this is the problem. Either the hdd is not used to the new cpu, mobo, ram and needs to be reformated, since it is used to the older cpu, mobo, and ram, I don't know. Any ideas? Do I need to reformat hdd? Or something else?

Yes the bios does recognize the HDD. I tried booting up the comp from the CD-ROM and that did work w/ the WinXP Pro CD in it. So I am guessing that the HDD is unfamiliar w/ the new stuff. Any other ideas or recommendations?

yea, if you were getting the blue screen of death before than it's advious that ur windows is screwed on that HD until u format it, or u can try using the repair option in windows and u'll be able 2 save all that stuff, but then after backing ^ ur data i would formatt it just 2 get it cleaned up

Back
Top Bottom