series, that teaches command line for say, SOHO or small
business
owners, or students, or administrators, or IT interns; if it was
provided on dvd, along with manuals, and plenty of illustrations,
examples, and breakdowns completely explaining every switch,
option,
variable, statement, condition, etc along with website support;
and loadable files to use as examples to study on, what would you
think of it along with the pros and cons?

Please dont get me wrong; Its just that ive read several manuals on the
subject, and theyre so technical, and cryptic, its easy to struggle. Lucky for me, ive
become good at understanding this subject.
I simply believe that I can do a better job of explaining command line concepts, and batch
scripting so that the average person can really understand. For example, are you familiar
with the "video professor" series that uses a very user friendly approach to teaching?
The illustrations are presented with pre selected mouse movements on the screen that show
you exactly where to move your mouse, and click, step by step. Though command line is mouse,
and GUI free, I think something similar to showing each command typed, and entered with
results presented, and explained (before the student types in anything, just like the
"video professor" series) would go a long way to helping the student understand. I would
present this on DVD as a classroom style teaching tool. Explaining each command switch,
option, etc, with a large video screen tool that I would use as a virtual blackboard.
Just as the "video professor" would lead you with a cursor step, by step, my series would
similarly do the same.

Holla if you feel me.
Thanks, Solutions

seems like a good idea to me now i got a question for you oh command line guru. I was wondering if you had any knowledge of linux and if so what command do i use to see the whole path of a folder or program.

Stinkles: pwd - shows the full path of your current working directory
where - can show you the path of a program you use
locate - a simpler find

Solutions: Thats a nice idea. Its always been
<command> <option>
which seems simple enough but the man pages sometimes required me to know things that i didn't. Then I'd have to spend time to figure that out. I guess CLIs have always been for those patient enough to learn them.
BTW, I never really liked the Video Professor series. It seemed kind of silly to me, like those for Dummies books that "dumbed things down"

Back
Top Bottom