CloneDVD won't recognize my dvd writer

GVSS

Baseband Member
I need help.

Just Installed CloneDVD and it won't Recognize my DVD RW drive. It has no problems recognizing my DVD ROM or DVD RW as a source drive, but when I get to the final screen before I burn my backup, I cannot select my DVD RW drive.

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium, I was using the Windows 7 RC until the reinstall and CloneDVD was working properly with no problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

GVSS

This is a known issue with Windows 7, a friend of mine had the same problem after installing Roxio. Try this and see if it works.

Windows 7 DVD Drive Not Working or Missing Registry Fix – Solution

Click Start, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane, click UpperFilters. You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry.

To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.

http://capitalhead.com/articles/win...-not-found-not-recognized-in-x64-and-x86.aspx

Well the dvd drive worked fine when I used a dual layer dvd and Nero to make an exact copy of a dvd.

So I'm not sure that is the issue. I also installed DVDshrink which requires Nero to perform the actual burning of the disc. When I installed and used DVDshrink with Nero installed, it acted like nero was not installed on my computer.

Does cloneDVD also require nero to burn to backup?

I would like to find another solution rather than edit the registry if possible.

It just doesn't make sense because I am using the same programs with Windows 7 RC and everything was fine, then I installed my copy of Win 7 Home Premium and now it doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks for all the help

-GVSS

Back
Top Bottom