Clear History?

I've personally had a great experience from CNET and it's one of my trusted sites, most PUP downloads are actually initiated by the user, just be careful which download link you click, some are adverts.

Also, some programs offer you a lot of freeware during the install, and purposely try and confused you, for example, some will ask you to tick the box to say you want it, some will say tick the box if you don't want it, some you have to click cancel etc... you really have to read the installation carefully.

Auslogic isn't a bad program but I am not convinced it is even as good as the defrag in Windows and the site unfortunately is another one of those sespools of Malware enabling software that really bothers me.

Last edited:
Ah... but sometimes you have to check the box in order to say you don't want it!

Well what the article says is pretty menial and what people should always do, and as far as I remember it's what I've always done. Click the direct link and it's fine, just common sense! I've never used the cnet installer and never plan to, and as far as I'm aware, all the items offered for download from cnet are also provided with a direct download link.

I've never used the cnet installer and never plan to, and as far as I'm aware, all the items offered for download from cnet are also provided with a direct download link.
If you use the author or Major geeks to down load freeware you will be fine.
I'm sorry , but CNET sucks and I never use them or recommend them and the link I attached is the reason.
Gary

It's in the installer itself. If you click for express install you like 1000's of other will get bit on the butt. If you click on custom install then you will see the other goodies they have included in the installer. It's not always the server site that does this but the programmer to make extra money.
Remember a PUP is Possibly Unwanted Program. It's just bloatware that gets slipped in. It doesn't always make the programmer or the server site bad people. Just out to make an extra dollar or two.

The end user still has to remain vigilant.

Hi You all are cutting CNET and others to much slack IMHO. This is what A PUP can do and I'll just find me a site that offers down loads with out the BS. Not against someone making a extra buck, but this is BS. I have to clean this XXXX off my seniors PC's because of these money hungry dudes!!
Have you ever felt, while installing software, that the installer tries to push additional unwanted programs at all cost? Ever missed a checkbox, and spent hours afterwards removing adware? Ever opened your browser after an installation, only to find out that you have a new homepage, a new search engine, or even a new browser?
Unchecky aims to keep potentially unwanted programs out of your computer.

Cnety is a sess pool of spyware enablers. Years ago it was the go to site for great reviews but those days are long gone. They try as hard as they can with every deception to fill up your system with all kinds of bloatware that doesn't do what it says and enables all kinds of Malware intro your system. You have a better chance staying clean downloading a known virus!

Back
Top Bottom