Clear History?

History is just... History. Or Browsing history.

Cache and temp files are little snippets of pages and other such crap that browsers save to make it faster to return to a page once you've already visited it once.

download history is pretty self explanatory.

It depends what you want to get rid of my friend. Personally I live to get rid of everything once in a while to cut down the size of the temp folders, but if you're just trying to cover your tracks from the wife/girlfriend/parents/police/FBI/NSA, just get rid of the history and caches ;)

[disclaimer: deleting cache not a guaranteed NSA-repellent.]

History is just... History. Or Browsing history.

Cache and temp files are little snippets of pages and other such crap that browsers save to make it faster to return to a page once you've already visited it once.

download history is pretty self explanatory.

It depends what you want to get rid of my friend. Personally I live to get rid of everything once in a while to cut down the size of the temp folders, but if you're just trying to cover your tracks from the wife/girlfriend/parents/police/FBI/NSA, just get rid of the history and caches ;)

[disclaimer: deleting cache not a guaranteed NSA-repellent.]

thanks you mean i should tick all of them
when i go to clear history there are some boxes already ticked by default,all i do is clear history,but there are some boxes unticked as you can see in the pic,

Careful with the latest version of ccleaner. It has added to it a clean old windows install. So if you're just test driving w10 do not check that box. It will delete the windows.old file and you're screwed.

Get Privacy Eraser Free. In the settings tick the secure erase box and it'll write over everything it erases.

Careful with the latest version of ccleaner. It has added to it a clean old windows install. So if you're just test driving w10 do not check that box. It will delete the windows.old file and you're screwed.
Hi seti! you're only screwed if you don't make back up images of your OS with a 3rd party imaging program!!:whistling:
I made a image of W10 before rolling back to W7:angel:
I've already tried it and I can roll up to W10 and roll back to W7:thumb:
PS I'm always on my stump preaching to back up your OS with a 3rd party program.:horse:

Yeah I've picked up on that, I've unchecked the box..

Hi TFC is a good program. You don't have to use the registry cleaner in CCleaner; it has never caused me any grief however. It creates a back up before deleting. Personally I think the danger and the hipe is way over blown. It is very mild. I really don't believe in registry cleaners and they do more harm than any good, but don't stop using CCleaner because it has a option to clean the registry. CCleaner has a lot of good tools that can help if you use them properly. All these kind a programs can be misused it you don't understand how your PC works!!
Gary!
Those are my thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom