Clean install of Windows 10

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 and am wondering why Macrium reflect is showing the SSD drive as being in 4 sections. This drive only carries my O/S.

Thank you for any help with this.

Attachments

• Macrium Screenshot.jpg
    Macrium Screenshot.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
That is Windows 10's doing. I helped my cousin's husband build his computer this week and it did the same thing with him. I used GParted to prep the drive and format it to NTFS but was that good enough for Win10? Noooooooooo.

Thats strange, My copy didn't do that. I have w10 pro 64 bit. About a year old or so Not sure what upgrade it is right now as there is another one coming up in a few days.

Um mine doesn't do that either. I re-install my computers (3) every few months or so and I have never had any version of Windows make 4 partitons. Windows 10 makes two partitions. The Primary which has your OS and a system reserved which is usually hidden but not always which contains recovery info.

Win10 didn't do mine, either. I am using Pro Retail whereas his is Home OEM.

I only ever use the Home versions of Windows and I still have never had four partitions installed by any Windows versions. I suspect that the OP has installed Windows 10 on to a disk that has a previous installation of Windows and has, somehow, made a dual boot. He needs to start again by deleteing all the partitons using disk manager so that his disk only has one partition and then install Windows 10 to that.

I only ever use the Home versions of Windows and I still have never had four partitions installed by any Windows versions. I suspect that the OP has installed Windows 10 on to a disk that has a previous installation of Windows and has, somehow, made a dual boot. He needs to start again by deleteing all the partitons using disk manager so that his disk only has one partition and then install Windows 10 to that.

I used an SSD that was wiped and then formatted to NTFS. Windows didn't like it and would not install until I had it delete and then reformat the drive, and it did the four partitions when it did.

It is definitely Windows doing it. His computer was having issues activating Win10 so I wiped and formatted the SSD again with GParted and installed a pre-activated copy of Win10 Pro. Once again Win10 would not use the pre-formatted drive but made me delete the partition and have Windows set it up, which it did with four partitions yet again.

Back
Top Bottom