Christmas cards

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Not sure if this is in the right place, but here goes anyway......

Hello folks, When I sent our Christmas cards last year I included a message to say that it would be the last one as, in future, we would be making donations to our favourite charities. We think that this is far more worthwhile but, we still want to send our good wishes to everyone as before.

Has anyone used any of the various sites that are available to enable their greetings to be sent by email and, more importantly are they safe.

I'm not sure I get it. What are the sites? What do they do? Can you provide a link?

I don't fully understand what kind of sites you are talking about, but maybe you could just send the emails manually if you don't trust them.

Hello AMD_man, this is the sort of thing that I am talking about......

https://www.thebalance.com/free-ecards-punchbowl-1356559

However, I have decided to create my own card by using Microsoft Publisher but, I am wondering now what type of file that I should save my file as to try to ensure that everyone (my email contacts) will be able to open it. The file automatically saves as a Publisher File but most of my contacts won't have Publisher and so I am wondering what will be the best type of file to 'Save as'.

Thoughts anyone please?

I'm not sure, but from what I can gather from Google, Publisher can export to PDF. You should try to do that. Chrome and Microsoft edge can open PDF files now, so I doubt that there is a single soul that can't open PDF files.

Let us know how it works out. Good luck!

I would suggest Facebook for the most part for your friends who use it. There are programs you can save them to send via email. For the ones without computers you might have to send snail mail. Your comment about donating to charity is what caught my eye. My family and I are in Rockport, Tx right now helping with the recovery from Hurricane Harvey. Besides the physical work we are a family band and have done fund raisers.

Back
Top Bottom