Changing Primary Partition in Vista

zdunham

Beta member
Hi all.

I have a Vista machine with 2 partitions on the hard drive (C:, D:). When I go into disk management C: is the boot drive but D: is the primary partition. Does anyone know of any way that I can change C: to the primary partition as well as the boot drive without corrupting Windows? I would also prefer not to install any third party software on it (IE: I'd rather boot into something else to do it).

Thanks for any help in advance.

lol this is funny

right click the c/d drive and change driver letters

I find it funny because their the other way round haha how did this happen?did you use partition tool?

lol this is funny

right click the c/d drive and change driver letters

I find it funny because their the other way round haha how did this happen?did you use partition tool?

Well, someone else built this drive in XP awhile ago and then upgraded to Vista and it is all screwed up. I would switch the drive letters but the D drive is MUCH bigger than the C drive so then I would have to resize them as well. It is a truly strange setup, it seems that the machine needs both drives to boot (there are needed files on both partitions). I'm just going to rebuild from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom