can't run exe files in windows at ALL

ae86

Solid State Member
can't run game exe files in windows at ALL

*please move if I posted in wrong section*

This is the list of OS's i have been through on my computer (in order)

1-Vista Home Premium (OEM)
2-Windows 7 RC
3-Linux Ubuntu 9.04
4-Vista Home Premium (recovered)
5-Linux Ubuntu 9.10
6-Fedora 11
7-OpenSUSE 11 or something like that
8-Vista Home Premium (recovered again)
9-Windows 7 RC (again)

For some reason, I can't open game EXE files? This problem occured when I installed vista a second time and I thought I messed up during instillation and installed it again later. Running game exe files worked during the first time I installed windows 7 and now I can't run game exe files at ALL. I think my hard drive may be messed up from the OS upgrades and formatting.

Is there a solution?

This is the error I get:

I have also tried to install NFS MW. The installation goes fine but I can't run the game file (play the game) and I get the same error that my game file has stopped working. I have tried running it as admin and in compatibility mode.

HELP!

It's possible there's something wrong with your graphics drivers or directx settings - those would be the two most likely candidates I'd associate with games not working but everything else being fine. Running dxdiag and browsing through the tabs should reveal any problems on that front, and you might want to try reinstalling graphics drivers.

Did you do full formats when you reinstalled OS's or just quick ones? Personally with your machine in it's current state I'd honestly start again (and run a hard drive diagnostics utility while you're at it to make sure that the drive's good.) Do a full format not a quick one and then reinstall things (and if you want, image your drive once you're setup so you've got a known working image to fall back on.)

Back
Top Bottom