Can't run

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
I've installed The Witcher game to my Windows 7 computer. I regestered the game, but everytime I try to play the game, I get an error message pop-up, saying: "Insufficiant privileges: you must be the administrater when you run this application for the first time."

I am the admin of my computer, and I get the same error message if I click "Run as Administrater". A little help would be appreciated.

Right click on the file you are running -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Check "Run this program in comp. mode for:" and then choose XP SP3. Hit "OK" and try running the file again.

If that doesn't work, you could certainly try different compatibilities (Vista, XP SP2, etc).

I don't seem to have a compatibility tab, and every other tab does not seem to have a compatibility mode option. I have a "Previous versions" tab, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything other than open up an FAQ window about restoring an older version.

Yammina

Is it a shortcut that you are right clicking on? You might need to find the original .exe file and do the above. It'd probably be in program files somewhere.

Try doing it on the file "Launcher".

If that doesn't work, screenshot inside the "data" and "launcher" folders.

EDIT: Actually, first, navigate inside the "data" and "launcher" folders (and the other two as well) and see if there is a file that is called "witcher-MCE" that IS NOT a shortcut. That might be the one. In the second screenshot, the file is there but it's a shortcut. If you want to find out quickly, just go to the properties on that shortcut and see where the original file is located. It should be in one of those 4 folders in the directory.

I have tryed running compatibility mode for Launcher, which turned out unsuccessful. I've also tryed running compatibility mode on the Shortcut, which had a compatibility tab in the file properties -though that didn't work eather. I've searched through each folder carefuly, but I could not find the Witcher-MCE that is not a shortcut. Some folders had multiple folders in them, and those didn't have this file eather.

It seems as though a windows 7 machine should be able to play this game if it's made for Win XP SP2 and Vista. Infact, my computer is capable of playing older games such as Warcraft III. I'm stumped.

Back
Top Bottom