Can't install Windows

After reading this article, I think my problem is with Windows Vista. It basically says you need to make special partitions before Windows Vista will install and function properly. Since I can't access my hard drive to make these partitions, and I don't know how to do it anyway, I think I will buy Windows 8 and give it a try.

Unified Extended Firmware Interface support in Windows Vista

Here is the most important paragraph of the article:

A UEFI-based system requires a separate EFI system partition (ESP). We recommend that BIOS systems also use a separate system partition so that Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 features such as BitLocker Drive Encryption function correctly. Use of separate EFI and BIOS system partitions will also enable a smoother transition to EFI systems. For SysPrep migration between EFI and BIOS systems, Windows state should not be maintained on the system partition.

Any thought or comments?

Last edited:
Yep its called a clean install and please do go full format on your HDD (takes a bit longer then the fast option but its worth it) :)

Failing randomly on install, not showing up in bios, sure its not a hard drive problem? I tried forever to fix my SC440 when I ran seatools on it and it showed up both drives dead as a doornail.

A problem I had with XP, never tried vista, would cause a bluescreen upon loading drivers, it had something to do with the new hard drives not liking drivers, and you have to set some hard drive mode in bios to acpi mode off or ide mode or something.

Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom