Can't detect proxy settings...

Jeffn

Beta member
Hiya all, 1st post here.

My 2000ME somehow is not finding the proxy settings when opening a web page or trying to connect with my email server. Explorer opens automatically to my homepage after booting up but it could just be cached(?).

Any plans of attack? Thanks

what porxy server you are using? you have to configure those things and i'm sure its on the read me files all the things you need specially the ports you need to open or connect through to proxy server.

That is true but what i find is that if your proxy settings don't work, it it just because the proxy server itself doesn't work or is not in operation, there are many examples of this seeing as the websites containing lists of public proxy servers can't check if each and every one is still online (takes too much bandwidth)

Thanks, one morning it just refused to find the settings. It never does anything but "detecting proxy settings..." on the bottom of the browser. It's on a splitter and the other pc if fine and unchanged. I even swapped cables from each pc. Could something have been erased or defaulted by using Ad Aware? Hard to believe...

Reconfigure your proxy settings on the client-side<your workstation> then restart the proxy server. It might help sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom