Can't Delete or Install Office?
I'm running windows XP pro. I was upgrading from Office 2007 pro to Office 2010 pro and chose upgrade as my method as apposed to uninstall and install. About 90% through the process the upgrade locks as does the computer. I waited about 10 minutes hoping for it to respond and it never did. So I opened the task manager and ending the process.
So now Office 2007 is gone and 2010 is not installed?
* So I start it over again and I get an error attached below #1
* I try to uninstalled office 2007 on the add/remove programs and when I click on "uninstall" the screen blinks and nothing happens. Same thing when I click on change. This is the only Office program listed (I don't find 2010 anywhere)
* So I downloaded and tried/ran Microsoft fix it to uninstall which ran but did nothing, program still shows as there (though it's not)
* Then I go into the installer folder under windows and locate the MS Office 2007 pro msi and try to uninstall it here. I get the error message below #2
* went into the registry and located Office in under "hkey current user" and removed it. The went in the registry and located it under hkey local machine but I get denied when I click delete. The program still shows on the add/remove programs list and when I run setup it sees it as it asks me to upgrade.
Bottom line is I don't have either. I can't use 2007 and can't install 2010. Not sure what to do now?
Any help would be very much appreciated as I use this program to do my job.
* Dell OptiPlex GX279, Pentium 4 - 2.8GHZ Hyper-Threaded
150G drive, 500G external drive, 1.5GB Ram, XP Professional
* Dell Dimension 2400, Pentium 4 - 2.56GHZ
40G drive, 1.5GB RAM, Windows Server 2003 R2