Cannot copy files from place to place.

If you tell us the locations of the file and destination, we can give you the exact commands you need to run.

To obtain the locations, do it with the file manager just like you would do it in Windows, with right click and properties or something (which will vary according to your file manager). Then copy and paste them here and we can give you the commands, that you'll run on the terminal emulator (installed by default, as you said).

Also, what the heck is the second part of your post?

That is from the advert for the computer. Judt wanted to write in what version of Linux is being used.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

If you tell us the locations of the file and destination, we can give you the exact commands you need to run.

To obtain the locations, do it with the file manager just like you would do it in Windows, with right click and properties or something (which will vary according to your file manager). Then copy and paste them here and we can give you the commands, that you'll run on the terminal emulator (installed by default, as you said).

Also, what the heck is the second part of your post?

Will check the file locations then include a photograph of those here soon.

Found a way to fix this. Takes an extra procedure. Copy the files from the old external hard drive onto another external hard drive which is working because the files are now being copied over now. Then after those filed are all copied over I will then copy those files over to the new external hard drive. If my Linux computer will not let me do this then my Windows computer should for the Windows computer can see the copied files.

Back
Top Bottom