Can someone help me with Knoppix live cd

hellsfear2004

Solid State Member
Im trying to delete some files using knoppix v3.8(i think its 3.8 no time to check). But when i click on hda1 and click on a file and hit delete i cant delete it. Can anyone help me out with this problem? I havent used knoppix before. thanks if u can help

right click the drive after you mount it and click the change read/write mode button to make the drive writable. Just in case you ever have to use it again

it doesn't matter if you have admin. it doesn't take windows admin priveledges to delete a file using knoppix. All files on the drive are treated the same. You can also open a root file manager to delete it no matter what drive it's on.

Well I have the drive mounted and i can browse the files and delete some of them. But i dont have a clue why i cant delete or make copys of files. Ill try that Root thing you were talking about.Also i cant make anything new on the drive either? wierd Im pretty sure ir is mounted.

If the drive is ntfs you'll have to mount it using the captive-static drivers for write access, but be careful, that can damage your filesystem since ntfs write access is still experimental in linux.

Entangledphoton said:
If the drive is ntfs you'll have to mount it using the captive-static drivers for write access, but be careful, that can damage your filesystem since ntfs write access is still experimental in linux.
How do i do this? I could care less right now what i damage

it should be in one of the utilities menus or something if you want to use it from the gui. There is also a command line way to do it, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, since i wiped my ntfs drives a long time ago. I haven't played with knoppix for a while, so I'm rusty on it, but I remember them having in one of the menus on the taskbar a link to it.

Back
Top Bottom