can Nero6 duplicate commercially made DVD & BDs

stevethebrain

In Runtime
I have used my Nero6 to make backup copies of OS and other software like office 2003 ect.

Now I would like to duplicate store bought DVDs and blue ray movies.

can Nero6 duplicate commercially made DVD & BDs or will I need a never version of Nero or can you Guy's suggest a easy to use software.

Thanks STB

You may wish to change the wording of your post so it sounds more like you want to create a single backup (legal) and less like you want to create a few duplicate copies to pass on (very illegal!) I'm sure your intentions are the former, just helps if you clarify.

I'm not sure whether Nero can, but a couple of free apps (makemkv, dvdshrink) can do the job, and have worked on all my commercial blu-rays and DVDs so far. Simply use makemkv to produce an MKV from the DVD then dvdshrink to get it down to size, then burn it with whatever normal dvd burning program you like (at this point you're just burning an unencrypted file, so anything should handle it.)

yes Berry: I should reeditrate to duplicate the discs I've purchased for personal use before they get damaged.

yes I was planning on using MakeMKV for BDs was'nt planning on reducing the size of the MKV file.
what do you use to burn the MKV to a large capisty BD-R disc?
also can I use MakeMKV for regular DVDs?

I'm planning a DVD player swap to a nice BD player burner it mite be whorth the extra $ to get the Nero 10 here's a link.

Thanks STB

Newegg.com - LITE-ON 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA H/H Internal BD Writer with Nero Essential IHBS312-98

yes I was planning on using MakeMKV for BDs was'nt planning on reducing the size of the MKV file.
what do you use to burn the MKV to a large capisty BD-R disc?
also can I use MakeMKV for regular DVDs?

I'm not sure about burning blu-rays - there may be some free software out there but I can't attest to any. I've personally only burnt DVDs, I generally just use makemkv to rip the MKV, handbrake to reduce it down to a much smaller size (with a negligible quality different, I honestly can't tell the difference) then put it on an external hard drive as backup.

Back
Top Bottom