Can My Compaq C700 Laptop Run Windows 7

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi all. I am wanting to upgrade my Compaq laptop to Windows 7 from horrible Windows Vista, Here are the specs:

2GB DDR2 Ram
320GB Hard Drive
Intel Celeron-M
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Windows Vista Home Basic

Last edited:
I am not interested in buying a new laptop it runs perfectly fine, its not very old, I am only wanting to upgrade to Win7...

Ok so do it, is there a question you have?

Win7 will run for sure, but don't expect too much with the Celeron cpu, 2GB of memory, and the X3100 chip set.

So, basically web surfing, e-mail, word processing?

If that's the case it should be fine. It's just that there are always laptops on sale for $299 that come with Windows 7, and they have better processors, more memory, better graphics, faster and larger HDD, that I really don't know if it pays to invest in Win7 on that Compaq.

Yes web surfing, email, word-processing, My brother plays alot of minecraft/tekkit, We have had this laptop for 3-4 years and we have only had to replace the screen(which they gave as one that didn't have the webcam eye) other than that it has been going fine. We bought a new laptop last year for everyone in my house to use (need to replace the HDD), As long it works and goes fine I am satisfied with it.

Last edited:
If you are worried about speed, then install Windows XP. If not, Windows 7 will run fine. It is more intensive of an operating system but you are only recommended to have half of the hardware you are currently running.

If your laptop can run Vista, it can definitely run Win 7 since Vista has heavier resource requirements than Win 7.

Back
Top Bottom