Can I put my hard drive into a new MB

Acccessme

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

I just bought a new MB, memory,case, video card. I want to put my Old hard drive running Windows 2000 Pro.. But I just got a blue screen of death.
I didn't want to reinstalled all my programs.. Is there any other way?

Thanks

Well the problem with this is that a new hhd will take all the setting of the bios/ mb and registry and recrord them in the registry. if you take out the hhd that have the settings of the computer for that hhd, and slap in a new mb...you will have to re-install windows..

The hard drive is kinda like a human brain u dont just go taking them out and putting them in new bodies

Mikey said:
The hard drive is kinda like a human brain u dont just go taking them out and putting them in new bodies

Hm, then I suppose there's only one conclusion - Access2mex is guilty of murder in the first degree. :eek:

Yes and no, it's tricky.....

Regedit - hkey_current_config - system - enum, delete enum then shut down the computer, place the HD in the new system and startup. The Computer should enter windows and start to find all the new hardware.

The above removes from the registry all the stored information in regards to hardware settings.

It 75% of the time works, but by no means guaranteed.

BullDog(UK)

I've done that before and it worked. Oh, and I liked Mikey's phrase... very deep that prhase, uh?... :p

Back
Top Bottom