Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Exclamation Calling all Excel Experts!

Ok, here's the issue.

I have data rows 1-3 and Columns A-COP (it's like 2500 Entries). The data is Name in row 1, Address in row 2, and City/State/Zip in row 3. So it looks like this (ignore the ___ since the forum takes away extra spaces):

________COLUMN A____________COLUMN B
ROW 1:__John Smith____________John Doe
ROW 2:__123 N. Main___________123 N. 1st
ROW 3:__Anywhere, Anywhere___Anywhere, Anywhere

What I need to do is move all the data so that it is in the same format but all in Column A. So it would look like this:

________COLUMN A
ROW 1:__John Smith
ROW 2:__123 N. Main
ROW 3:__Anywhere, Anywhere

ROW 4:__John Doe
ROW 5:__123 N. 1st
ROW 6:__Anywhere, Anywhere

I know I can cut/paste but I don't want to do that 2500 times. Hopefully it's not to confusing on what I mean and what I need.

Any ideas???

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Calling all Excel Experts!

select all the data then click copy. Then you select the area in which you want it (you cant start it in the same cells that you already have data so just click the cell directly below the data you have) and then can click paste special and at the bottom right of the dialogue box there is an option to transpose. Then just delete all the stuff you don't need anymore once the transpose is complete

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Calling all Excel Experts!

Nope doesn't work. Already looked into that.

That takes and puts all of row 1 (the names) into Column A. That is not how i want it. I need it to stay Name,Address,City stacked on top of each other.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote