Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default C Drive no space left.

I do not know if this is the right place to ask but, I installed iTunes on my external hard drive which has like 109 GB of space left. I then chose to save the iTunes media folder location to the bigger 109 Gb hard drive.

Before I did a back up of my iPad I had 2gb of space on my C drive in which I freed up some space by using the recommend disc leaner from the my computer view of the hard drive.

Then I had a note on the computer show up indicating that the iPad could not be backed up because on no disk space left. That is wrong because of the 109gb I still I have because I just checked.

Then I looked at the graphic on the C drive and there was no space left there. Why did not iTunes do the backup to the bigger drive to whack I chose to in the preferences menu?

The problem I have no idea which programme is important wo windows. Together all the installed programs do not add up to much.

The biggest one is Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006. 1034 mb which is like 1gb.

Is there any free programme that I can get to mirror my C drive to my external hard drive so that I can boot off the external hard drive instead of the filled to capacity C drive?

OneMarcilV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: C Drive no space left.

How big of a drive is your C drive? To my best of knowledge, i cannot think of a program that will do what you want. the only thing i can think of is another sata drive for your computer.

btw you should post this question to the software section of the forums

Macmaster4k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmaster4k2
How big of a drive is your C drive? To my best of knowledge, i cannot think of a program that will do what you want. the only thing i can think of is another sata drive for your computer.

btw you should post this question to the software section of the forums
I will do that soon. The original hard drive us like 80g. I do have another 120 Gb hard drive it is an external.

I could move some things over to that drive but I have no idea what I could move there safely.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Default Re: C Drive no space left.

I dealt with this too. Do some googling and you can find where you have to go to get itunes to backup to an external hard drive. It was a while ago for me and I don't remember what site(s) i visisted but it took a bit of looking around online until I found a solution that worked. But I did find one.

EDIT: I know that's not much help....just wanted to let you know it can be done.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali
I dealt with this too. Do some googling and you can find where you have to go to get itunes to backup to an external hard drive. It was a while ago for me and I don't remember what site(s) i visisted but it took a bit of looking around online until I found a solution that worked. But I did find one.

EDIT: I know that's not much help....just wanted to let you know it can be done.
I have iTunes on another computer has a 120 GB hard drive. After I get my laptop computer changed over to Wi does XP from Windows 7 I will use that computer for iTunes. That computer has a 160 gb hard drive.