Buying Windows? Found the secret

lhuser

Golden Master
When you buy a Windows package, don't you know this:

The CD is worth almost nothing?

The thing that costs $250+ is the CD-key.

Yup, a god damn 25 characters sticker is worth that much...

The only time the Windows installation CDs were precious is when they had Windows 1.0-3.11, and even, they were diskettes

Actually the cd key is worth very little, except maybe you. It's just a way microsoft can verify that copy is legit.

When you purchase software, you're buying the license to operate and use the software, that's what you're paying for. You're also paying for all the hardwork and time and money microsoft invested into creating the software.

how about this..

Want to save some money? If you have an orginal windows 98/me/2k cd. But the windows XP upgrade..

You can do a full clean install of XP with the upgrade. Format the drive and boot. Durning the install it will ask you for the installation to be upgraded. Insert your xp cd and input the key..

You now got the full cd for the upgrade price.

The reason the CD is worth almost nothing is because you can install Windows lots of times with different CD keys and it will still be ok. Microsoft checks the liscense to ensure that you bought the package and not downloaded it

This situation is complaining that you payed for just bits and bytes, a whole series of 0s and 1s, but it i guess is worth mroe than that. People spent their time to atmake this software and this keycode, you could say, represents their hard work.

You know, you got a point there.

Just tell me why does Microsoft chares $400 for another liscense when they find you?

Still, you got a very good point

Back
Top Bottom