BSOD - IRQL not less or equal - HELP!

deanos63

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I am having trouble starting up my PC, I am getting a BSOD IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL just as the windows XP logo comes up. This problem has just come out of the blue, I haven't installed anything recently or updated any drivers. I have downloaded a few programs from the internet, so I am just runnig a virus checker now.

Other then that the things I have tried are, system restore, removed one stick of ram at a time, disable all stat up programs from MSconfig.

My PC boots up fine in safe mode so I'm hoping this should be an easy fix, it's just finding what is causing it.

The screen i am getting is:

IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804DC11D)

Like i said the PC is booting up fine in safe mode, but it is just as the windows XP logo comes the blue screen appears every time! (on normal start up) IAm starting to run out of Ideas, I have a Ultimate Boot CD that I may try next, but to be honest I Don't know what i am going to try. Maybe a windows repair, I really don't want to do a reinstall. Someone also said it could be a driver problem but they all seem ok in Device manager, and if i was to update one, which one?!

Please if anyone could help me out, :eek:

just solved the problem the very moment.

turned out to be a driver relating to dameon tools that i installed last week on my pc, SPTD.SYS.

Realised it could be the potential problem when i loaded up in safe mode, at the bottom for a second it asked me to press enter to load up the SPTD file, which obviously I did not do, thus it was booting in safe mode ok.

simply had to find sptd.sys on my PC and delete it, and voila, no more BSOD!

there i was thinking i would have to do a full system restore! I hate computers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom