BSOD crash after restart/some shutdowns

extremenova

Solid State Member
Hi. I just upgraded a really old Toshiba laptop from Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows 8, and every once in a while, on a shutdown, it just boots up again and gives me a crash error about some minidump, sysdata, and memory.dmp files. For every restart though, it gives me the error. Whenever the error comes, I can continue using the laptop normally again. Other than a very few number of drivers that I couldn't find for a Windows 8 laptop of my type, it's been handling Windows 8 very well. Some information about my laptop:

Toshiba Satellite L305
Windows 8 Pro 32-bit
2 GB RAM
Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz 2.19GHz
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Graphics Card 1 GB

So, can anyone please help me in fixing this? I attached the minidump and the other files created by the crash error as a .zip file, incase it can help in solving the problem. Thank you all sooo much in advance!

Edit: Why can't I attach a compressed file?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply: I don't know what you mean by clean install or upgrade, but I have the windows.old folder in my C: driver. Also, thanks for the link, I attached a screenshot of the same error (but a different one that I took about 2 days ago), and also a screenshot of the BlueScreenView. Thank you again.

Attachments

• Crash.jpg
    Crash.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 6
  • Crash info.jpg
    Crash info.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 5
It's most likely your system doesn't have what it really takes to run win 8.
That lappy was made in 2008 and although Microsoft says it will run on a 1ghz cpu and 1 gig of ram, I personally don't believe that for one second.
Something I did spot in your list was the video is sharing 1 gig of ram from the main memory. That doesn't mean it does it all the time, just means it will "borrow" up to that amount if it needs to. That could force win 8 to use it's page file too much.
And the drivers you can't find for your lappy are most likely operation critical. In other words it's going to need those at some point and not having them is going to make her pitch a hissy fit. Crash in simple terms.
Bottom line is not every machine is going to be able to run every operating system. Go back to vista on that rig.

Ok, I'll try again to find the missing drivers. I'll take into consideration going back to Vista, but for now, I'm really comfortable with Windows 8. Plus, it's not like the BSOD stops me from using the computer, but sometimes it gets annoying.
Anyways, thank you so much for your time :)

Back
Top Bottom